Don’t Face A Childbirth Injury Alone; Get An Accomplished Attorney
When an expectant mother enters the delivery room, she and her family expect to be in good hands with the health care team. But childbirth is not without potential risks. And if the medical team is ill-prepared and makes mistakes, complications will surface, harming both the child and the mother.
Medical mistakes often are preventable. They may have caused your child to suffer from severe physical and mental disabilities or the mother to suffer some painful and everlasting injuries. You need a seasoned Nevada medical malpractice attorney, and you will get one with Dan Laird, M.D., J.D., in Las Vegas. He understands the medical profession as he has been a practicing physician for 25 years.
Securing Compensation For Many Types Of Injuries
Dr. Laird and his team will advocate for you, seeking the compensation you deserve from negligent and incompetent health care professionals and health care companies. He has represented many clients in childbirth injury cases involving:
- Severe brain injuries caused by oxygen deprivation to the infant. Such situations can occur when the umbilical cord wraps around the child’s neck, potentially leading to cerebral palsy and seizures.
- Bone fractures to the skull, femur and collar bone. Such injuries can occur when physicians pull excessively hard on an infant in a breech position.
- Brachial plexus injuries. During a difficult childbirth, the upper nerves responsible for arm and hand movement can be damaged, leading to Erb’s palsy.
- Facial paralysis caused by improper use of extraction tools when removing the infant
- Vaginal tears and a ruptured uterus for the mother
You and your family may face weeks, months or even a lifetime of recovery after a childbirth injury. Dr. Laird and his legal team are prepared to help.
Call Now To Get An Attorney And A Physician
If you or your child suffered an injury during childbirth, it’s critical to get legal advice from an experienced medical malpractice attorney. As a practicing physician for 25 years, Dan Laird, M.D., J.D., in Las Vegas and Reno, knows the legal side of the medical world as well as the health care side. He is prepared to help you and your family secure the fair and just compensation you deserve. Contact him or call his team at 702-829-7510.